Seven Simple Steps to be a Consignor:
1. Register as a Consignor to be a part of our local sale. You will create a username and password.
2. Select a day and time when you will drop off your tagged items.
3. Clean, package and/or hang your gently used children's items. Enter individual items into your personal inventory with prices. Print individualized bar-coded tags and affix on items using safety pins or clear packing tape.
4. Drop items off at designated place at the date and time you selected. Remember, you're joining forces with other sellers who will place tagged items on pre-marked tables and racks at the sale venue. Consignors place their items out on the sales floor in the appropriate areas. Please plan at least 45 minutes for the drop off and placement of your items.
5. After the sale begins, watch your items sell online! The Kid's Closet Connection proprietary tagging system is accountable to the seller, so you know exactly what items have sold and how large your check will be at the end of the sale.
6. When the sale is finished, if you are collecting your remaining items, just print your unsold inventory and bring it with you to consignor pickup. Otherwise, know your unsold items will be donated to the sale's charity of choice.
7. Receive a check of your proceeds in the mail within 7 – 10 days. Kid's Closet Connection sellers also make our sales' best shoppers. Our sellers receive preferential treatment at a "Consignor Presale" before opening to the public. For additional perks, you can also be a HELPER at the sale.
Consignors keep 65% of their sales - less a $10.00 consignor fee that is deducted from your consignor check once per season. Plus, you get to shop early at the presale!
You don't have to help at the sale - but if you do, you keep even more of your earnings plus you get to shop even earlier! Sign up to help at the sale and receive even more perks!
*EFFECTIVE AUG. 2020: If you drop-off more than 500 items, you will need to work one of the pick-up preparation/sorting shifts. If you cannot, we can assess a $25 fee. Also, you must register for a drop off time.
*UPDATE AUG. 2020 : Kid's Closet Connection SW Pittsburgh is now charging a $5.00 fee to re-issue a check, for ANY reason.
No time to tag??? Let us tag your items for you! For more information about our VIP Tagging email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org